In this Webinar, Steve Seiferling will cover the steps for returning to work during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Now that some businesses in Saskatchewan have opened, and others are scheduled to open next week, we will look at managing the return to work, from an employment law perspective.
- We will review the issues of dealing with employees who refuse to come back to work, or are asking to continue to work from home.
- We will discuss the continuing ability to use permitted leaves and layoffs, while the state of emergency remains in effect.
- We will review some of the provincial and federal government programs, which might help employers and business owners to manage the return to work.
- Participants will be encouraged to ask questions throughout the seminar.
Steve Seiferling is a labour and employment lawyer based in Saskatoon. Steve’s practice focuses primarily on advising and representing businesses of all sizes with respect to workplace issues. Steve’s practice includes work on labour law – unionized workplaces – as well as employment law, human rights, and occupational health and safety. In addition to a full time practice, Steve is also a sessional lecturer at the University of Saskatchewan – Edwards School of Business.